Al's Formula • 240c - Thorne Research
Daily multi-vitamin / mineral supplement for men age 40+
Al's Formula is a complete multi that contains support for prostate and cardiovascular health.* It contains no iron, which is not necessary to supplement in most men.
Does a man need a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement? Because of the state of the food supply and the difficulty of getting five daily servings of fruits and vegetables, the answer is a resounding "Yes". The well-respected Journal of the American Medical Association has stated that everyone should take a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. Al's Formula, named after one of Thorne's founders, supports the metabolic functions of a mature man.* It contains the vitamins and minerals in Thorne's other multi- formulas, plus specific ingredients that provide support for prostate health and cardiovascular function.* Al's Formula does not contain iron, because iron is generally not necessary and can be harmful for some men.
Al's Formula contains saw palmetto extract, an extra amount of zinc, and the amino acids alanine, glycine, and glutamic acid for nutritional support of the prostate.* Hawthorn extract is included to promote healthy cardiovascular function.* Like all Thorne multi-vitamin/mineral supplements, Al's Formula contains the active forms of vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5'-phosphate), vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate), vitamin B12 (adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin), and folic acid (folinic acid and L-5-MTHF).
Eight Capsules Contain:
- Vitamin A (1,875 mcg from Beta Carotene and 750 mcg as Palmitate) 2.63 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 850 mg.
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,600 IU) 40 mcg
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 268 mg
- Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg.
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 40 mg.
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 11 mg.
- Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 30 mg as Niacin) 160 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 16.9 mg.
- Folate (500 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 500 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt ) 1.7 mg DFE
- Vitamin B12 (225 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 225 mcg as Methylcobalamin) 450 mcg.
- Biotin 400 mcg.
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 413 mg.
- Choline (as Choline Citrate) 35 mg
- Calcium (150 mg as Calcium Citrate and 150 mg as Calcium Malate) 300 mg.
- Magnesium (142.5 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 142.5 mg as Magnesium Malate) 285 mg.
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 30 mg.
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg.
- Copper (as Copper Picolinate) 1.5 mg.
- Manganese (as Manganese Picolinate) 6 mg.
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 200 mcg.
- Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Picolinate) 100 mcg.
- Saw Palmetto extract (fruit) (Serenoa repens)††† 160 mg.
- Glycine 100 mg.
- L-Alanine 100 mg.
- L-Glutamic Acid 100 mg.
- Hawthorn extract (flowering tops) (Crataegus laevigata) 50 mg.
- Boron (as Boron Picolinate) 3 mg.
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Picolinate) 100 mcg.
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 192 mcg.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.’s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. ††This product uses Albion’s TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. †††This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s saw palmetto extract (Sabalselect®). Sabalselect is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.
Serenoa standardized to Fatty Acids 85%. Crataegus standardized to Vitexin-2”-O-rhamnoside 1.8%.
Take 4-8 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.